I Like to eat...
It is a well known fact that I like to bake. Yes it gives me great satisfaction, a sense of achievement.. and to top it off what I bake usually tastes good and it fills our bellies!
My latest achievement and experiment this evening was Lamingtons. Ryan loves them... I'm not such a fan... but I know the importance of the 'gravy moments' in life (refer to blurb below if this makes no sense to you) and so I will happily make lamingtons for him.
I know I'm so sweet.
What ya reckon?
Do they look good enough to eat?
Blurb
A couple celebrating 60 years of married life were asked the secret of such a long marriage. The secret, they said, was in the gravy. How so? Well, she liked thin gravy and he liked thick gravy. So when she cooked the meal, she made thick gravy because that was what her husband liked. And when he cooked the meal, he made thin gravy because that was what she liked.
Love in action. A successful marriage is made up of many gravy moments.
- Taken from our wedding Homily - Fr Rowan Donoghue
My latest achievement and experiment this evening was Lamingtons. Ryan loves them... I'm not such a fan... but I know the importance of the 'gravy moments' in life (refer to blurb below if this makes no sense to you) and so I will happily make lamingtons for him.
I know I'm so sweet.

What ya reckon?
Do they look good enough to eat?
Blurb
A couple celebrating 60 years of married life were asked the secret of such a long marriage. The secret, they said, was in the gravy. How so? Well, she liked thin gravy and he liked thick gravy. So when she cooked the meal, she made thick gravy because that was what her husband liked. And when he cooked the meal, he made thin gravy because that was what she liked.
Love in action. A successful marriage is made up of many gravy moments.
- Taken from our wedding Homily - Fr Rowan Donoghue
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home