I don't mean to rub it in...
But this weather is fantastic!!
Sorry to all you folk back home in Aotearoa loathing the chill of winter as it makes itself known. I'm sure we'll get our fair share of chilling cold, bone rattling, feet freezing weather come the British winter.
For now though we make the most of this tropical climate. We've had a week of pure sunshine. Topping 27 degrees at it's best. We felt, for the first time, somewhat suffocated in our small flat. With hardly a breath of wind the limited air flow turned Flat 4 into a sauna.
It felt like we were in the tropics. I never imagined myself being in England and going to bed with all the windows open and just a sheet to cover our perspiring bodies. This morning again warm, forecast for 27C but today the rain doth fall. Memories of the tropics spring to mind with that sweet smell of the grass and pavement as it dries after the rain before getting rained upon again. And I don't mind it one bit. Actually I'm contemplating doing a little singing in the rain.
Hmm I'm talking about the weather... has my life come to this?! Oh well I'm happy!
Sorry to all you folk back home in Aotearoa loathing the chill of winter as it makes itself known. I'm sure we'll get our fair share of chilling cold, bone rattling, feet freezing weather come the British winter.
For now though we make the most of this tropical climate. We've had a week of pure sunshine. Topping 27 degrees at it's best. We felt, for the first time, somewhat suffocated in our small flat. With hardly a breath of wind the limited air flow turned Flat 4 into a sauna.
It felt like we were in the tropics. I never imagined myself being in England and going to bed with all the windows open and just a sheet to cover our perspiring bodies. This morning again warm, forecast for 27C but today the rain doth fall. Memories of the tropics spring to mind with that sweet smell of the grass and pavement as it dries after the rain before getting rained upon again. And I don't mind it one bit. Actually I'm contemplating doing a little singing in the rain.
Hmm I'm talking about the weather... has my life come to this?! Oh well I'm happy!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home