The Exciting Adventures of Team Mo!

Friday, October 27, 2006

PHEW!

So we're packing our bags tonight right ready to head home for a bit of a holiday and two week long party thanks to my brother and my sister both getting married and the phone rings...

"Hi is that Maryanne?"

"Yes it is"

"Hiya Sarah here from the Flight Center. So are you all packed ready to go?"
(here I am thinking that this is nice she's just ringing to say have a great trip - you know a bit of a customer relations call)

"Yeah we're all good thanks" says I.

"Well I've just been looking through our files and have discovered your tickets still here"

(I think a few bad words)

"oh dear! I thought that we were using e-ticketing"

"Yes but you need these tickets, they are your e-tickets"

"oh good golly!"

(it's 7pm the Flight centre office is surely closed and we leave in the morning a Saturday - late start at the Flight centre)

"Where do you live?"

(I give her the details making it more complicated than it is, probably confusing her terribly)

"I'll bring them round in about an hour. Without them there's no way you will be able to get on that plane"

"thank you thank you thank you!"

(I relay everything to Ryan and thank God profusely for His impecable timing in this phone call - that we were home, that she is willing to drop them off, that we have the money to buy her a bottle of wine to say thank you.)

I would have been devastated had we made it to Heathrow lined up in the long check-in queue only to discover that 'I'm sorry Mr and Mrs Monastra but without the ticket you cannot fly'. Ryan would be somewhat annoyed and fuming that he'd left all the planning to me and I, well I would take a long time to get over it.

But again thanks be to God and to Sarah from Flight Centre. We will be flying tomorrow.

PHEW!

Lets hope there are no more surprises on this journey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home