Phil & Jen's Wedding
Last friday was our second experience of a British Wedding party... this time a fusion of English and Scottish, thanks to Phil (who I work with at the Nottingham Sports Injury Clinic) and his wife Jen.
The Reception was a Great Occasion, was the second hottest day of the year over here (only cos the next day was the hottest so sayeth the paper). I took a half day on Friday and we drove the three hours or so in the baking hot sun, into Norwich, the beautiful capital of East Anglia. Great wee city, and I particularly enjoyed watching the combine harvesters doing their thing along the way. Never seen them working before...
Phil and Jen were looking stunning and on fine form. As was young Abbey in a stunning white dress. In fact I hardly got to hold her all night as she was cooed over by nearly every woman
(and most of the men) in the place. Being the true, down to earth super star that she is, she took it all in her stride and just relaxed into whoever's arms were available (Kate's on the left and Janine's on the Right).
The audiologist assured us that she has no hearing problems, but after watching her sleep as I vacuumed under her bed at home, and then sleep through a band and a Scottish 'Kayleigh', i'm not so sure. Anyway, the Kayleigh was very cool - kinda like folk dancing, obviously with a scottish flavour to the music (and the accent of the guy leading it...)
Great to catch up with work mates in a non work context and awesome to celebrate in style with Phil and Jen
who gave us a stunning display of traditional Scottish and English contemporary dance moves! Matt sounded especially cool with a throat full of helium and evidently Jo was looking somewhat hilarious with a number of the helium balloons tied to his waist as he danced on into the night (was after Abbey had Mez and I retire to bed!) All in all a great night was had by all. Our thanks to Phil and Jen for hosting a great party and giving us a most excellent excuse to drive around East Anglia. Which is waht we did the next day...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home